Rent to own moving out about

Shardy061

we have been in a rent to own since the end of April. We where schedule to go to closing on July 26th. After finding out what are total mortgage rate would be (found out about 5 days ago) we decided the price was to high for us an have opt out on buying. Owner does not want to rent. We where told by realtor we had to be out by July 29th. Now we have paid rent for July an we have paid rent on time every month. So I'm curious as to why not the 31st and ontop of that that's only 2 weeks and we have not received anything in writing. The only documents we have signed are a rent to own agreement and a paper saying we would close on July 26th. My question is, by law is she allowed to just tell us to leave when she wants or is she required to give us 30 days notice........ mind you we have not signed nor received any paperwork pertaining to us not buying.
I've tried looking it up but never could really find a answer it seems like she would need to follow regular landlord tenant laws which would then require 30 days. We live in MS

She can tell you anything she wants. You aren't necessarily obligated to do it.
The answer you seek is likely in the mountain of documents you signed.
Generally, you are not required to leave until a court orders you out, but you don't ever want it to go that far.

Back