Rent Refund?

Status
Not open for further replies.

debbiesweety

I rented a room to a woman who was going to stay with us for three months while on a traveling nurse assignment. We spoke on the phone and agreed to the terms. The woman came and put down the first months rent and a deposit and I wrote a rental receipt. She was to move in the next day. While waiting for the woman to come over and pick up the keys to the house and her room, I recieved a phone call that she changed her mind and she would like to come pick up her rent and her deposit. I told her, the money had been deposited and she would have to wait until tuesday before i would talk to her.(monday behing a holiday and banks closed) I had turned down other prospective renters and had put out money for advertisements... It seems from what I can tell, she should have to give me 30 days notice before leaving. I would like to offer her the chance to give me two weeks rent in exchange for the 30 days notice to cover the costs of looking for another roomate and lost rent and advertisement fees paid. Is this legal? and if so how do I go about it, if not, what legal rights do I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back