Permanent Residency renewing green card

G

so i am asking this on behalf of my father. he's been wanting to get a id card from the dmv - just an id.

the only form of ID he has that has his birthdate is his green card. unfortunately, his green card was issued in 1985 and the dmv wants an updated one.

since he has no choice, my father wants to renew his green card, but im anxious because he has no ID to get into doing the biometrics. the old greencard is all the identification he has.

im also scared that there are repercussions since he waited so long to renew (he really had no idea he had to, his green card is old and has no expiration date). furthermore, would there be any grounds for denial???

he's been in the u.s. since he came in the 70s.

so i am asking this on behalf of my father. he's been wanting to get a id card from the dmv - just an id.

the only form of ID he has that has his birthdate is his green card. unfortunately, his green card was issued in 1985 and the dmv wants an updated one.

since he has no choice, my father wants to renew his green card, but im anxious because he has no ID to get into doing the biometrics. the old greencard is all the identification he has.

im also scared that there are repercussions since he waited so long to renew (he really had no idea he had to, his green card is old and has no expiration date). furthermore, would there be any grounds for denial???

he's been in the u.s. since he came in the 70s.

I suggest you contact the immigration officials for the USA:

www.uscis.gov

We are a private, little law discussion forum without the authority to deny or admit any alien into the USA.

You could also HIRE an immigration attorney to advise your father.

I have no doubt that he has been in this country for over 40 years, no doubt at all.
He ain't the only one, either!

Back