Permanent Residency Renewal of expired Green Card and possible denial. Please Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinandshawn

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read… and hopefully, respond to my post.

I am a Legal Permanent Resident , originally from England. I moved here when I was 15 with my mother and her husband. My green card has expired and I sent in a completed application, with the money owed, to the USCIS, a few weeks back. Yesterday, I received the ASC Appointment Notice with a date and time for me to come in and have my Bio-metrics taken. On this notice was also a list of items and documents that I must bring with me. One of these items listed is "Dispositions Of Arrests".

Back when I was drinking heavily, I had 3 occasions where I created trouble for myself. The first time was in Tampa, Florida where I had an argument with my ex-girlfriend… She hit me a few times and I ended up pushing her. She called the police and I was arrested for domestic violence. When I went to court, I did not argue, and plead guilty since I felt that no matter what had happened, I still shouldn't have pushed her. The judge gave me 6 months of probation and ordered me to attend an anger management class.

Later, I then moved back to Virginia, so as to be closer to my 3 children who live with my ex-wife. I was still drinking at the time, and earned myself my first DUI in 1998. I served no jail time, and lost my license for 1 year.. In 2003, I earned my second DUI. By only a few months, it was considered 2 DUI's in 10 years, versus 2 DUI's in 5 years.. So I only served 1 weekend in jail, (less then 48 hours)… as well as losing my license for 3 years. I will be able to re-instate my driving privileges in Sept of this year.

Just before I appeared in court for that second DUI, I met and fell in love with a wonderful woman, who has changed my view on life, and stuck by my thru thick and thin. With her love and support, I found a reason to want to better myself. In March of last year I entered into a Detox program, followed by rehab… I have now been clean and sober for just over a year., and have no desire to EVER return to my previous way of life.. I have found out who I am sober, and I realized that I like who I am.

Since then my life has changed dramatically… I have gotten closer to my children from my previous marriage and visit and support them on a weekly basis… My fiancé and I have purchased our first home… and we are getting married October 7th this year. I have worked for her father for 2 ½ years and since my sobriety have moved into a supervisory position… I support, not only my own children, but my fiancé and her son as well. My fiancé can not work as much as she wishes, as she is the mother of an autistic son, who requires the majority her time. Her ex-husband left two weeks after he was born and has not been a part of his life.. He calls me daddy, and I am the only father he has ever known.. I consider him my son, and plan to legally adopt him as my own after we are married. My AA sponsor also is my best friend that I used to work with on the Fire Department, and the Chief has kept my file active and I am looking to start back with the department again.

I am worried, after all the work I have done, and as far as I have come, that my past actions will cause me to have my green card renewal be denied and that I will be deported. My fiancé, my children, and my employer… are all terrified they will lose me, and I them.. My mother, and my sisters, who are also LPR's and live here, are also worried…

I know you are asked this on a regular basis, but if you would please give me your opinion on the possibility of my being denied and deported in a week and half from now… and losing everything…? I am afraid… and any suggestions you may have, please share them…?

Thank you for your time and consideration.
I look forward to your response…

A note from the other half

Hi,

My fiance told me that he visited this site and posted his message, so I came on to read the post and do some researching. We are all very afraid right now. A few questions I would like to ask, in addition.

We are getting married in October, have already signed contracts with vendors, put down deposits, etc. but, would forego all that and get married sooner if needed to keep him from being deported. Would him being married to a US citizen have any impact on keeping his application from being denied?

Does the fact that he has children (who are natural born american citizens) here have any impact on keeping him from being deined?

For all three of his offenses, the comined time of probation and time served was 6 months and 48 hours, and was all more then five years after he was issued his first green card as a LPR.

if his application is denied, would that decision be made at his biometrics appointment, meaning could he be deported that very day, or what?

All I know that I am scared to death, as are his kids, my son, my family, his family, all of us. Please. I am desperately hoping someone will reply to his post, and my questions.
Thank you and my apologies for my anxiousness!
the Bride to Be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back