Renew green card

Bzdayz

Jurisdiction
California
I applied to renew my green card in 11/2016 and have Not received any thing yet. It's been 6 months.
I've had my green card since 1994.
I had a DUI in 1999 and another DUI in 2005.
I also had 2 arrests in between 1 for public intoxication, another for tresspassing.
No one was harmed in any of the DUIs and i completed all court orders. I only served a total of 10 days in jail for these 4 events. I'm worried that with Trump in office may cause a problem with getting my green card renewed.

Can someone please advise. Should i be concerned?
Thanks in advance.

Can someone please advise. Should i be concerned?
Thanks in advance.

No one can tell another person to be alarmed or concerned.
President Trump was lawfully elected by US citizens eligible to vote.
President Trump and our congress make federal laws.

You, however, were allowed to enter our country as a guest.
You were given all the rights of citizens, (with the exception of being able to vote) as well as all the protections, and asked to obey our laws.
You've lived in our country as a guest two decades, and broken our laws four times, according to your recitation.
President Trump bears no responsibility for the laws YOU chose to break, despite being asked NOT to break our laws.

You are free to hire an immigration attorney to assist you.

There are many reasons why you might be asked to leave our country.

I've lived on this planet for many decades, and never broken one of the laws in the US, or any nation I've resided or visited.

I found it easy to respect and obey the laws and traditions of other countries.

I also thought it to be disrespectful to criticize my hosts, after all, they didn't FORCE me to visit their country, did they?

Yes, I've lived in other countries, and no problem NOT breaking their laws, not did I ever bad mouth their elected officials.

I was a guest, and it wasn't my place to comment on the choices of the voters' choices in any of those countries.

Good luck.

No one can tell another person to be alarmed or concerned.
President Trump was lawfully elected by US citizens eligible to vote.
President Trump and our congress make federal laws.

You, however, were allowed to enter our country as a guest.
You were given all the rights of citizens, (with the exception of being able to vote) as well as all the protections, and asked to obey our laws.
You've lived in our country as a guest two decades, and broken our laws four times, according to your recitation.
President Trump bears no responsibility for the laws YOU chose to break, despite being asked NOT to break our laws.

You are free to hire an immigration attorney to assist you.

There are many reasons why you might be asked to leave our country.

I've lived on this planet for many decades, and never broken one of the laws in the US, or any nation I've resided or visited.

I found it easy to respect and obey the laws and traditions of other countries.

I also thought it to be disrespectful to criticize my hosts, after all, they didn't FORCE me to visit their country, did they?

Yes, I've lived in other countries, and no problem NOT breaking their laws, not did I ever bad mouth their elected officials.

I was a guest, and it wasn't my place to comment on the choices of the voters' choices in any of those countries.

Good luck.
Are you an attorney. You provided no insight as to the legality of my question. FYI my wife voted for Trump.
Thanks

Are you an attorney. You provided no insight as to the legality of my question. FYI my wife voted for Trump.
Thanks

Yes, I am an attorney.
I don't have any personal knowledge as to why your Green Card hasn't yet been renewed.
I don't know if it will be renewed, or if it won't be renewed.
I suspect you can HIRE an attorney of your choice to assist you.

You can also contact these fine professionals, who DO know the "ins" and "outs", the "good' and the "bad" of your quandary.
www.uscis.gov

Back