removing non biological father from my daughters birth certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.

missquinn

My ex is on my daughters birth certificate as her father. When she was 1 week old he did a paternity test with the help of his mother behind my back. In other words I wasn't aware this was happening. Test came back that he wasn't the father. My daughter is now 1 month old. What steps do we need to do to have him removed from her birth certificate and to change her last name to mine?
I was intimate with my ex (unprotected) then a couple of days later I was with someone else(protected) next day I took morning after pill. Reason why automatically assumed my ex was the father.

You'll have to go to court and seek a court order to have the document changed.
He can fight you.
The judge will likely order new DNA testing.
Don't be surprised at the result.
Those home DNA tests are notoriously inaccurate.
But, when the DNA testing results are revealed, the TRUTH will be known about this dude.
He just might be the father, but off to court you go to find out.
If he isn't the father, one day the REAL baby daddy might show up and do what you're thinking about.

My ex is on my daughters birth certificate as her father. When she was 1 week old he did a paternity test with the help of his mother behind my back. In other words I wasn't aware this was happening. Test came back that he wasn't the father. My daughter is now 1 month old. What steps do we need to do to have him removed from her birth certificate and to change her last name to mine?
I was intimate with my ex (unprotected) then a couple of days later I was with someone else(protected) next day I took morning after pill. Reason why automatically assumed my ex was the father.

OP, read this: http://www.floridahealth.gov/chdputnam/docs/ackn_paternityDH432.pdf

You're still well into the revocation period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back