Removing a Restraining Order

FuriBaco13

Jurisdiction
Connecticut
I have a question. Is there any possible way to lift/remove, or lessen the amount of time that a restraining order is applied for, if it was wrongly put on someone? I have a good friend who had a restraining order put on him. It was put on him wrongly. My mother put in the application for it and put my name on it without my knowledge. When I would do no such thing.

Are you a minor? If so, your mother has every right to protect you with a no-contact order. I suggest your 'friend' observe the order as long as it lasts.

Mental health issues............
Previous convictions, restrictions, yada yada yada

On December 6th of last year, my mother had set up a meeting to actually meet my friend, three months after she went to his house with a cop on September 18th. At the meeting, it was originally supposed to be my mother and cousin, who are my conservators, to meet him. but her fiance, and my father had to come. Which wasn't part of the meeting. My friend started talking about the things he'd been studying for the past couple years or so. After the meeting, on the way back, my mother said that she would put my friend in the same category as Tim McVeigh, the Unibomber. I was highly upset she would ever say anything of that sort. My friend said he had studied Tim McVeigh, and he was nothing like him. My mother said that if it came to it, she would get a restraining order, just because of the things my friend talked about at the meeting that was supposed to be just my mother, cousin, me, and my friend.

Your mother is your conservator. That answers my question. A conservator has the duty to protect the conservatee. She didn't need your knowledge or consent to get restraining orders against someone who would be a bad influence.

He isn't a bad influence. He doesn't tell you what to believe. He has you do your own research, and it's up to you whether to believe it or not. I've actually learned a lot since doing research on the subjects he's brought up to me.

Sorry but the restraining order by your Mother (conservator) stands. There had to be a good reason for it.

Well it's on & he is going to have to obey it.

These types of orders are not just granted willy nilly. They are granted through the courts after a hearing and both sides get to state the reason for it. If it was just a regular old mom not liking her kid's friend situation, it would not have been granted.

These are the things my mother said on the paperwork.

That he was:
Anti-Government
Satanic
Cultish

She also said:
He was telling me to drink rubbing alcohol.
He was telling me to stop taking my medications.

I can tell you for a fact, he is NONE of what my mother thinks he is. I've talked to him way more than she has. I talked to him from May 2nd, 2015 to September 18th, and from October 16th to December 9th. She has only talked to him a couple times. I've talked to him from all those dates I listed.

Regardless, your friend has the opportunity to dispute the allegations and either did not, or the judge still felt this person should not be around you. This isn't all on your mother. This is someone you have known less than a year. This isn't your BFF from childhood. I suggest making other friends as this one is off limits.

Back