Remembering our Troops on Veteran's Day

Michael Wechsler

Administrator
Staff member
I was asked the difference between Memorial Day and Veterans Day holidays. Memorial Day is to remember those who perished, giving their lives as soldiers in order for the rest of us to enjoy our freedoms and liberties. Veterans Day is a day to remember and appreciate all people who serve or have served in the military, a day to honor all military veterans of any war.

Last night I saw the New York Rangers had honored a veteran who had returned from war but needed prosthetic legs. It was very moving to see this man and his family wave to the crowd and walk naturally. It's easy to forget what our veterans go through and the dangers they potentially face while sparing those of us who did not have the honor and privilege of service. I think that Veterans Day is one of the most important holidays we have and that we must remember that we also must take care of our veterans.

Well said. Thank you to all currently serving & to those who have served in the military.

I second your sentiments, Michael.
Let's not forget that Veterans Day was formerly known as Armistice Day, which was to commemorate the end to WW I.

I would add my special thanks, admiration, and appreciation to those "special" patriots who were conscripted into service of their nation.
Draftees have always earned my utmost respect and appreciation.

Last, but never least are the Gold Star mothers, fathers, wives, husbands, children, relatives, and friends of those who made the ultimate sacrifice in the furtherance of their patriotism.

Back