Reinstatement of license

Wendy Hull

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
My license are suspended. I haven't had one since 2004, got pulled over in 2017, got charged with DOS 4th. Officer went back from the year 2017 to the year 2004 to charge me with this.the state of Tennessee I thought t only went back 5-7 years. The officer also gave me the wrong court date to appear, myself and one other person were the only ones to show up, both from same officer. It was reset, and I missed court. Failure to appear was ordered and served in 2022. This is what I have to be back in court for. The very same court is telling me if I don't have my license in this date, I will go to jail for the 4th offense. I have paid out 2000 dollars in 2 weeks to settle old citations from 2004 which was the original problem. I have been calling the county clerks office only to be told she has to speak with The DA because after paying another 749 at the dmv i was denied my license because this court still has the failure to appear in dmvs system even though it has been reserved and I have been to court twice and told to have myocense when I come back. What can I do? I have been taking care of this for 6 months now and only have 1 week left

Huh? Your suspension is forever unless you reinstate it. It matters not that you were eligible to reinstate it earlier. And no, prior criminal convictions don't go away with time. While this is a misdemeanor, the DOS4 has a pretty hefty penalty.

You can contact the court that you got the FTA to figure out why they didn't mark you eligible at the DMV.

You'd be well advised to talk to a lawyer with the thread of jail time. If you are indigent, ask for a public defender.

Back