Reimbursement for expenses

javatodesign

Jurisdiction
Florida
Hi..went for an interview and accumulated expenses. The recruiting company stated the client, who I interviewed, would pay. I have this in writing from two employees from the recruiting company.

The client never stated they will pay, although when I visited thier location for the interview, the HR person gave me her email address on a piece of paper(with her hand writing) and stated send me your receipts. What happens if the client will not pay? Is the recruiting company responsible? I have the recruiter stating the client will pay in writing on two emails and text messages.I am located in Florida and the recruiting company and client are located in Newport News Virginia, although the recruiting company has offices in Flrodia

Hi..went for an interview and accumulated expenses. The recruiting company stated the client, who I interviewed, would pay. I have this in writing from two employees from the recruiting company.

The client never stated they will pay, although when I visited thier location for the interview, the HR person gave me her email address on a piece of paper(with her hand writing) and stated send me your receipts. What happens if the client will not pay? Is the recruiting company responsible? I have the recruiter stating the client will pay in writing on two emails and text messages.I am located in Florida and the recruiting company and client are located in Newport News Virginia, although the recruiting company has offices in Flrodia

What if the sky did fall?
What if pigs could fly?
Is Elvis still alive?
Mate, if you're worried about being reimbursed for a job interview, simply decline the interview.
Plus, if you blabber incessantly about a few hundred bucks, you probably won't get the job anyway.
You may have already destroyed your chances for this job with your deep concern about interview expenses.
When I interviewed candidates that asked about being reimbursed for travel expenses, rather than assuming they would be reimbursed, I never invited those whiners for interviews.

Have you sent the HR person your receipts? That is the first thing you need to do. Worry about what to do when they don't pay when that actually happens.

Every time I travelled for an interview, the client paid and made all arrangements. I never saw a bill.

What if the sky did fall?
What if pigs could fly?
Is Elvis still alive?
Mate, if you're worried about being reimbursed for a job interview, simply decline the interview.
Plus, if you blabber incessantly about a few hundred bucks, you probably won't get the job anyway.
You may have already destroyed your chances for this job with your deep concern about interview expenses.
When I interviewed candidates that asked about being reimbursed for travel expenses, rather than assuming they would be reimbursed, I never invited those whiners for interviews.

Which planet did you beam down from?

I traveled once for an interview and same as hr, they made all the arrangements and paid for them up front.

Thanks for the response..yes sent the HR person the receipt. Update, the responded on Friday and stating they will pay ASAP.

BTW - just curious are you an attorney?

Have you sent the HR person your receipts? That is the first thing you need to do. Worry about what to do when they don't pay when that actually happens.

Every time I travelled for an interview, the client paid and made all arrangements. I never saw a bill.

Thanks for the response..

Update, the responded on Friday and stating they will pay ASAP.

Just preparing..hopefully they will pay

Are you an Attorney?

The one person you dissed IS an attorney. AND a judge. o_O

I've come to learn over the years (soon to be decade) that I've been involved here on this site, that a certain type of person seems to end up in various legal predicaments.

I thought I knew something from practicing law, but I've learned so much more on the periphery of law.

As mother used to say when she'd observe odd situations, "Those are special people."

Back