Rehabilitative Alimony

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinellg

My Husband Was Divorced In November Of 2005 And Was Ordered To Pay Rehabilitative Alimony Of 300 Dollars A Month Until October 2007. The Reason For The Date And Amount Id Because The Lawyer Set It Up Like That So That Her Car Could Be Paid For. But We Have Heard Of Some Good News. She Is Getting Married In A Couple Of Weeks. Does The Alimony Stop And How Do We Stop It. We Are Paying Thru The County Court Office Every Month. Is This Something We Need To Find A Lawyer On To Draw Up Some Paperwork Or What? Please Let Us Know. Thanks In Advance. Shannon

What does the judgment in the lawsuit say in answer to your questions?

He needs to read the decree and see what it says. If there is no remarriage clause, he might still have to pay.

If he still does not know then he should see an attorney.

Good news is Oct 2007 is less than a year away so he needs to determine how much in legal fees he stands to pay to fight this in court.

the divorce papers state exactly.....the defendant is to pay 300 dollars per month to the plantiff effective immediately through and including october 2007, as temporary rehabilitative alimony. all payments shall be made payable thru the accounts clerk/court house. we also found out that shes been living with her fiance for a couple of months now also. i thought rehabilitative was to help them get on their feet. i think she established that when they moved in together and she will well establish it when she gets married in a couple of weeks.

However if there is no clause saying alimony ends upon co-habitation or marriage, he is probably stuck paying it.

He really should see an attorney.

we are going to see an attorney about this....but all we have left to pay her is 3000 dollars....i would like to know if its going to be too expensive to worry with...you know

i keep reading that alimony can be changed in the state of alabama if there is evidence of change in circumstances......what do you think about that?

i keep reading that alimony can be changed in the state of alabama if there is evidence of change in circumstances......what do you think about that?

Unless there is a clause in the judgment that says it is non-modifiable OR there is a statute that says it is non-modifiable OR there is a case that says it is non-modifiable, then you could get it changed MAYBE!

But, it would be a lot cheaper to pay it.

Attorney's generally charge anything from 2000-5000 for a retainer. If paying this is a hardship then he probably is not giong to afford paying an attorney. All he can do is talk to one and see what they say. They can tell you if it worth it to fight.

A change of circumstance can be classified as anything I suppose but not sure if this would qualify as one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back