regular pay and overtime pay

judy may

Jurisdiction
California
Two week pay period ..... starting may 17th ... i worked mon - wed .... had thursday off but then i worked friday the 21st through sunday the 30th .....we are scheduled for a normal work day at 8 hrs but take a 30 min unpaid break so normally we do not exceed 75 hours per pay period . i worked 5 12 hour days well 11hrs after they took 1hr unpaid break .... my total work hours for two weeks was 109 .... how is it possible that they claim 92 hours reg pay and the rest overtime? please help me figure what i am really owed.

please help me figure what i am really owed

I suggest you seek help, guidance, and direction regarding all payroll issues with those helpful folks in your employer's payroll department. Those great people know all there is, was, and what will be about their employee's payroll data.

I suggest you seek help, guidance, and direction regarding all payroll issues with those helpful folks in your employer's payroll department. Those great people know all there is, was, and what will be about their employee's payroll data.
my pay i believe should be 80 hours reg 25 hours time and a half and 3 hours double time ... how they come up with 92 hours reg pay is beyond me.... small private company 4 employees

There are two possibilities here: Your OT was figured correctly, or your OT was figured incorrectly.

If it was figured correctly, they will be able to explain to you why.

If it was figured incorrectly, it needs to be brought to their attention so that they can fix it.

CA OT law is different from every other state and I have not been responsible for payroll in California for over 20 years. With the information you provided I do not feel that I can accurately assess whether your OT was figured rightly or wrongly. Either way, you need to be speaking with whoever does your payroll.

Two week pay period ..... starting may 17th ... i worked mon - wed .... had thursday off but then i worked friday the 21st through sunday the 30th .....we are scheduled for a normal work day at 8 hrs but take a 30 min unpaid break so normally we do not exceed 75 hours per pay period . i worked 5 12 hour days well 11hrs after they took 1hr unpaid break .... my total work hours for two weeks was 109 .... how is it possible that they claim 92 hours reg pay and the rest overtime? please help me figure what i am really owed.
Your numbers don't add up. If you were paid for 7.5 hrs per day (8 hrs minus 30 minutes unpaid lunch) for 8 days and 11 hrs per day (12 hours minus 1 hour unpaid lunch), that adds up to a total of 115 hours, not 109 hours. I agree that you really should speak to whoever handles PR at your employer, but if you post back here with correct numbers, including what days you worked what hours, then I might be able to shed some light on this. I am familiar with CA overtime law...

Last edited:
Back