Regarding speeding tickets

J

jamessamuel

Jurisdiction
South America
I just want to know if I have parked my vehicle in the parking area and the police personnel came and asked for my driving license which is not in my possession at present and I also tell him that the vehicle is not being driven by me. Even so he handover ticket to me. Is he has the power to so, without proper hearing me.

Yes, he obviously HAS the power to do so because he DID do so.

And if he caught you speeding and followed you into the parking lot and cited you after you got out of the car, the citation is absolutely proper.

Just so you know.... NO COP has to listen to you. NEVER.... If they talk to you it's because they are seeking info. Let the cop do what they wish. Never argue with them on the street. The ONLY place to really talk is in a court room. Police are NOT the judge/jury on the street. They are only there to keep peace and enforce laws. Do they always get it right NO.... The best practice is follow their directions and if they are wrong file for a court hearing.

I just want to know if I have parked my vehicle in the parking area and the police personnel came and asked for my driving license which is not in my possession at present and I also tell him that the vehicle is not being driven by me. Even so he handover ticket to me. Is he has the power to so, without proper hearing me.

We keep saying it, and we keep saying it: WE DON'T KNOW DIDDLY SQUAT, NOR DO MOST OF US CARE ABOUT THE LAWS IN OTHER COUNTRIES.

YOU'RE posting from INDIA, again, we know NOTHING about the laws of your sub-continent NATION.

Back