Corporate Law Refusal to pay invoice

Status
Not open for further replies.

cattlepress

I'm an independant leathercrafter located in NYC. I design all kinds of leather products, most notably, bags, belts and sandles. I have a relationship with an owner of a showroom in NY that represents my work. Individuals or companies approach the showroom and request custom made products.

A. I created a leather bag, delivered it to the showroom months ago, gave the owner an invoice for $2200. We agreed at the time that he would pay me $500 of the $2200 and when and if the bag sold, he would pay me the remaining $1700. This is of course all detailed in the invoice. Now I am moving to the west coast and I have decided to pull all my work from the showroom. When I approached the showroom I was told the bag sold for $2200 but because the owner didn't mark up the price to include his profit, he would only give me $800. He refused to pay me the total he owes...

B. I also do restoration work. Some months ago, the owner of my showroom sent my a number of vintage leather watchbands to repair. After committing hours into the repair, I sent the watch bands back to the showroom with the invoice for my work included. The owner of the showroom is now refusing to pay me for my work claiming that I sent the watchbands to him to late and since his client didn't pay him, he wasn't going to pay me.

I think it is pretty obvious I can win my money in court, but I don't know where to begin. Can someone help?

Also, is it going to affect my chances to winning this legal baddle if the voices aren't signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back