refund/credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

gloriar

My 17 yr old son placed an order with a company by the name of dealer cost car audio based in Santa Ana, Ca., without my permission. The order was a total of $379.54. I became aware of this order when I went on line to check by banking transations. I noticed under my pending trans. a Merchant unknown in the amount of $379.54. I called my son and that's when he informed me of his order. The order was placed on 2/15/10 and I found out on 2/16/10. I called my bank card company to stop payment and was informed they could not stop it because an authorization code had already been assigned. the following day this unknown merchant collect the money only this time it appeared with the actual companies name, dealcostcaraudio. I had my son call them to cancel the order and to have one of their reps call me. I received a call from them on 2/19/10 which I spoke with a gentleman by the name of Nathan. At this time I told him to cancel the order because it was still showing as an active order. He assured me the cancellation would go through and all I needed to do was e-mail the company back later that day and request a copy of the cancellation and he would submit the refund before 5pm. the same day. Today is Friday 2/26/10 and I still have not been refunded nor am I able to get a live person on their 800 number. I tried calling their direct line and I get the same recordings. With each extension I press after 10 minutes of waiting I get a recording saying my call was not able to go through and the process starts all over again. Also in this time my son found 13 pages on the computer of dissatified customers that have dealt with this company. All requesting to have their orders canceled and receiving no refund/credit to their credit card. What can I do, who can I talk to?

Your son was not old enough to enter into a legally binding contract. Further, he appears to have illegally used you card to make purchases. At this point, your option appears to be suing them based on his incapacity to contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back