Criminal Trials, Hearings Recovering Stolen Property

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauldrake

Almost 3 years again, I was ripped off by a guy who got my confidence as being my friend, when all it was was an ulterior motive. He sold collectibles I had behind my back. I've been thinking of setting up a site where his photo is shown to all as well info regarding his previous conviction, details, et al. Is this an all right idea? I know where he has stored the goods, the renter refuses to grant me enterance to the storage or give me knowledge of where the thief presently lives. There must be a way to hunt him down.
(Since there is no proof that the stolen goods are mine, one female police officer suggested I take him to small claims. I( said, "BS, I don't even know where he lives now. If I find him and he is hurt, I want amnesty from prosecution. After all, he is a drug-oriented offender.

Any feedback appreciated, pro or con.
No wonder there are secret societies elsewhere which do justice where in
the USA the law refuses to punish. -Loopholes?!

It sounds like the police have dropped the ball. They should have at least attempted to check out the area where the goods are. For all that is known, there may be the stolen goods of others there besides those of yourself.

If I find him and he is hurt, I want amnesty from prosecution. After all, he is a drug-oriented offender

I understand your frustration, but unless this is certain parts of Texas, vigiliantism isn't allowed, especially in advance. . .

By secret societies, do you mean like Star Chambers? Pretty much all such societies ended up becoming more evil than those they claimed to protect. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, Lord Acton. . .

I'm not sure what to say about posting information about him. It may incite him to come after you. I don't really know if it will satiate your desire for revenge.

All in all, I strongly suggest you try the police route again. If he's had your goods for 3 years and is a serious drug addict, odds are he no longer has your goods. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back