recourse on ruling

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoni

recoarce on ruling

[I lost My position as Chief Water plant operator in Arbitration to an employee that grieved my promotion to the position of Chief Water plant operator.My question is Ihad no input into this decision .for the Union Grieved the Employee had more seniority from date of hire.But I had more seniority in job classification.Iwas awarded the job 5 months ago and will be removed from this position on Dec 1st 01.This is a Union position and I' afriad I have no right to challenge this ruling even though I was never involved in any of the proceeding's. I have held this job with excellant reports from my superiors about job performance. our contract has no articles involving what will happen to my wage once I'm removed from this position.seen Ihave passed all the probationary periods and held the job over 90 days do I have to give up my wage increase when the party involved knew before awarding the job to me that it would end up in a grievence.I have wittnesses to prove they were told this would happen if I was awarded the position.This is not a temperary job position but a permenant position. I'm going to file a grievence that they must maintain my pay scale at the present rate for under tempory tranfers in the contract which is the closess to this subject contractualy I can find. you can not transfer to a lesser paying position unless you agree to it or did not go past the 30 day probation period .As you can see Ididn't agree to return to my previous position by choice but by an arbitiator ruling which states nothing about me not seeking to maintain my present pay scale please help,. Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back