Records mysteriously not available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unrulyjulie

I have been trying to locate a 2006 DUI/DWI arrest record in the Miami-Dade county system. I am certain that the arrest happened, but no records are coming up - I have the driver's license #, SSN and name, and am able to see other violations, but not this one. I cannot figure out why.

It is my understanding that if a case is dismissed, the record still shows. If the record has somehow been expunged or sealed, how may I obtain proof that the arrest did in fact happen? Am I correct in my assumption about a dismissed case? Other violations for this individual do indeed show as sdismissed but only where there are attached charges.

An expeditious answer would be greatly appreciated, as this pertains to a pending case.

Thanks in advance,

Julie

Last edited:
If the record was expunged or sealed, you want to be real careful if you get it and how you use it. The only way you could legaly have the info would be by court order.

Have you went to the clerk of court where the charge was filed? I would look there, see if the prosecution filed an information to the charge. The clerk of court should have the record. Of course if you already tried this, the only other place you could go is to the person who would have had control of the prosecution of the case at that time.

Julie, what kind of pending litigation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back