Recieved summons from collection agency for credit card advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

x00x

Well I received a summons from a certain company (in new jersey) I dont want to list their name but they are on here and all over google with a bad reputation. I am worried about sending them any money. First off Im on a set budget. I have bills. Im on my own made some mistakes when I was younger but nothing in the amount that they are asking for. Anyway I contacted them for a lower settlement as I dont even know how the money got ranked up so high. Well the offers I recieved were no where near any kind of lower settlement. But Ive come to the understanding that they are not going to get any lower. I explained to them I cannot afford this they offered monthly payments for 4 months yet the monthly payment is insane. So what do I do? Find the money sacrifice some of my bills to put towards this? What can I do? I cannot afford a lawyer.. I dont know much about the law... Im getting conflicting information on what to do... Like I should do one thing or do something else... if I do one thing it could get me in deeper. What I want to knw is how to I answer this court paper... I am still in the 35 day limit... I wanted to send a validation form to them that I heard of online but not sure if its the right thing to do. If there is some way to lower this amount... I would like to know... but if I cant then I cant. I would like some advice on how to handle this all correctly... I want to pay this... I want to put this behind me but they are not going any lower then what I can afford. I have to call them back tomorrow but I dont want to agree to pay all of this if there is someway I can get this lowered. and I dont want to get scammed.

What do I send to the courts?What kind of answer? Thanks in advance... Please all information is requested and appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back