Recent Death need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

miniwhinne

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last monday my husband passed away. He left me knowing nothing about our financial matters. He worked for Qwest and I am a bit lost on what exactly I am supposed to be doing. He had two insurance policies with them but they are telling me that because he died before he retired that I now get none of his pension that he has been paying into for 27 years? Also he belonged to the union until 7 years ago and I would assume there are some retirement bennies there too. We have contacted his credit card folks and let them know about his death and that we will be paying the accounts that arn't insured as soon as the insurance money is paid. Vehicles are in both our names as is phone electric and house. I as his wife am the soul beneficiary. There is a will to that affect and power of attourney paperwork. They have frozen his bank accounts which makes it a bit hard to pay any bills ect. I also wonder about his social security? I guess I am just looking for some guidence as to what to do. It is all so confusing. Thanks Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back