Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Receiving Stolen Property and Forgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majorsbl

I am 24 years old, full-time student, and was working full time as a server in a restaurant. Recently at work one night i was working i found a wallet. I then decided to make the biggest mistake Ive ever made and went and used the credit card to buy an i pad and a laptop for school, totaling at 1400, and this is in Butler county, Ohio. Having heard of other people do this and get away with it many times i did not assume i would get in trouble. Either way the cops tracked me down from the survielence video and I admitted to everything and returned the items and they are charging me with receiving stolen property and forgery.
If i do jail time ill lose my full-time status and financial aid and i lost my job and now have felonies on my record so i cant find another job so I'll probably have to move back in with my parents till i find one. The detective said he would be at the trial and not recommend jail time, How likely is it the judge will give me jail time as a first offender of any crime for this?

You need to hire a lawyer ASAP. He or she will be able to answer these questions for you. If you can't afford a lawyer, you need to apply for a public defender. I would recommend you not voluntarily discuss your case with the police unless your attorney is with you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I go in on Tuesday, they said i will be processed then see a judge to decide if i get a bond and if i qualify for a court appointed attorney. One lawyer i talked to said by this time if i dont have an attorney ( Tuesday ) that it would be too late to get the charges dropped down to misdameanors. Also when i go to look for a new job how long will it take for any of this to show up on my background check?

It won't show up in a background check for quite awhile... and probably never if you resolve it with anything other than a conviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back