Received Tickets in the mail

B

brandymanny22

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
I have received two tickets in the mail: one for passing on the right and one for driving while suspended in the state of New Jersey. The cop never ID..d me or pulled me over. Additionally, the car is a leased car, and the car is not even under my name. How is it possible that i even got these tickets??

These days, very few beat the "man" or the "woman" or the "transgender" boss of whatever.

To beat the boss, you gotta be the boss.

The BIG, BAD, BOSS is always looped in, and has people that snatch up offenders.

Don't cross the BIG BAD BOSS.

I was driving back from JFK airport and wondering how long it will be until the city installs a camera to take photos of vehicles driving on the shoulder of the road to beat the traffic. When the owner of a vehicle gets flagged (such as a rental company), if the choice is to give up the driver's name and address in exchange for passing on liability then your rental / leasing company will not act as a shield.

My understanding is that in some states this is exactly what happens - the car rental agency may not be responsible for the ticket but may be required to disclose the name of the driver who rented the vehicle so the state can pursue the violation. In other states a car rental agency or leasing company may charge the driver's credit card on file for any violation in addition to an administrative fee. The days of misplaced paper files are long gone.

Back