Received a VM from a DCF worker asking to meet to discuss my daughter who lives with her mom

jlhorvath16

Jurisdiction
Florida
My husband eceived a VM from a DCF worker asking to meet to discuss my step daughter who lives with her mom primarily. Originally the custody order gave him weekends and her the weekdays solely because at that time Chloe was 2 and my husband was active duty and deployed in Afghanistan as well as school schedule for the mom. Well My husband and I decided to re do the parenting plan For several reasons one being she is now 5 and started school My husband and I are a blended family with a total of 4 children and all of them are extremely close and we feel it was important for Chloe to have more time with her family on top of that mom makes really bad decisions and has Chloe on so much medication that isn't even FDA regulated for her age all because she doesn't wanna deal with her and allows Chloe to do whatever she wants however she wants well in the midst of this Chloe got injured quite a few times last year and her pre K teacher called DCF they Send a worker out And after that pad mom bring Chloe in for ACP T interview which is a forensic child protective team type interview The only reason why my husband I even found out about it Is because I'm retired lawn force ment and mom called me saying she was too scared to go to the meeting alone mom gave us the card to the investigator my husband called her she finally called him back days later explaining that they were closing the case there was no further investigation he asked for information in case file in this that the other she said he was not privy to it...so we decided on making the schedule every other week which means we would get her for a week then mom would get her for a week, and So on and so forth at 1st mom played her normal games and my husband and I put an end to it quickly. We made it very clear that in the divorce agreement and custody of agreement the judge may note several times that both parents are to do everything possible to come to an agreement prior to involving the court so I gave her 2 options she either looked over the new parenting plan and we came to a final agreement or we were filing the next day in court of course she agreed. We started the day after school ended and our last week with her was her birthday which was the 28th of July When it came time to pick up Chloe for our next week we have had numerous numerous attempts at trying to contact mom trying to pick up Chloe and nothing all of the sudden last week my husband received the voicemail and her exact words are..You please call me back my name is Carol I'm with the department of children and families if you could give me a call back at trying to come meet with you and talk with you about Chloe if you could give me a call that would be great thank you, bye. Because of an emergency hospital and surgical day we are just now getting the voicemail and I don't know what to think and my husband is scared and once Chloe of course the only thing I can think of is either mom's doing this because she always does stuff like this to keep Chloe away from him or another report has been made on her and they're coming to him because she has refused us access to Chloe and over a month and Florida DCF once a report is made has 24 hours to make contact either by phone if they can't get a by phone they show but the house and we've only got a voicemail if anyone can help us we would appreciate it

If your husband is interested in some form of court ordered visitation, he needs to retain an attorney.

The internet is no substitute for an attorney when the matter is complicated.

A child is involved, its complicated.

The child and your husband deserve REAL legal advice from a licensed attorney in your county.

He can consult his on base JAG for guidance about obtaining local civilian counsel.

He won't know why DCF called until he calls back. I suggest he do just that.

If the mother isn't abiding by the order, he needs to file in court.

My husband eceived a VM from a DCF worker asking to meet to discuss my step daughter who lives with her mom primarily. Originally the custody order gave him weekends and her the weekdays solely because at that time Chloe was 2 and my husband was active duty and deployed in Afghanistan as well as school schedule for the mom. Well My husband and I decided to re do the parenting plan For several reasons one being she is now 5 and started school My husband and I are a blended family with a total of 4 children and all of them are extremely close and we feel it was important for Chloe to have more time with her family on top of that mom makes really bad decisions and has Chloe on so much medication that isn't even FDA regulated for her age all because she doesn't wanna deal with her and allows Chloe to do whatever she wants however she wants well in the midst of this Chloe got injured quite a few times last year and her pre K teacher called DCF they Send a worker out And after that pad mom bring Chloe in for ACP T interview which is a forensic child protective team type interview The only reason why my husband I even found out about it Is because I'm retired lawn force ment and mom called me saying she was too scared to go to the meeting alone mom gave us the card to the investigator my husband called her she finally called him back days later explaining that they were closing the case there was no further investigation he asked for information in case file in this that the other she said he was not privy to it...so we decided on making the schedule every other week which means we would get her for a week then mom would get her for a week, and So on and so forth at 1st mom played her normal games and my husband and I put an end to it quickly. We made it very clear that in the divorce agreement and custody of agreement the judge may note several times that both parents are to do everything possible to come to an agreement prior to involving the court so I gave her 2 options she either looked over the new parenting plan and we came to a final agreement or we were filing the next day in court of course she agreed. We started the day after school ended and our last week with her was her birthday which was the 28th of July When it came time to pick up Chloe for our next week we have had numerous numerous attempts at trying to contact mom trying to pick up Chloe and nothing all of the sudden last week my husband received the voicemail and her exact words are..You please call me back my name is Carol I'm with the department of children and families if you could give me a call back at trying to come meet with you and talk with you about Chloe if you could give me a call that would be great thank you, bye. Because of an emergency hospital and surgical day we are just now getting the voicemail and I don't know what to think and my husband is scared and once Chloe of course the only thing I can think of is either mom's doing this because she always does stuff like this to keep Chloe away from him or another report has been made on her and they're coming to him because she has refused us access to Chloe and over a month and Florida DCF once a report is made has 24 hours to make contact either by phone if they can't get a by phone they show but the house and we've only got a voicemail if anyone can help us we would appreciate it

So is mom going by what's in the court order - because it sounds like you guys just verbally changed it to every other week. Legally she only has to abide by what's in the court order. It might be good for your husband to take her to court to modify the visitation schedule so it's in an actual court order that he can enforce.

Also periods are your friend.

Back