Rebranding with credit to original

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhd4spd

If I own a company that customizes products, Is it legal to purchase an existing product at retail, then modify it's design or appearance and resell the item including my company name in the description, I would also include the original manufacturers name and product title in the description, with proper ® and © usage.

Example:

My company, Jonescorp, purchases 100 Stevencorp Widgets and alters them before reselling them as "Stevencorp® Widgets® customized by Jonescorp®"

If that is legal without the existing manufacturers approval, can I then additionally brand the item with the name of a third company or charity?

Example:

"Stevencorp® Widget® customized by Jonescorp® to benefit the Pediatric Leukemia Foundation®"

The product at this point would include the unaltered trademark logo of the original manufacturer, the Jonescorp trademark logo, and the Pediatric Leukemia Foundation trademark logo. No trademarks would be in close proximity to each other on the product.

Thank you.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, I don't want to get myself in a lot of legal trouble, even if it's for a good cause.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back