Reason for not being rehirable

Anthony4320

Jurisdiction
Arkansas
I've been applying with other trucking companies and my recent employment show non-hirable due to an accident which is untrue. I did not return from home time and they kept on threatning me with abondanment but I was empty and on hometime. In the end they used an accident I was involved in which I was not ticketed for. As a matter a fact all we did was exchange insurance information and I reported it to my safety department. This was my first accident with the company. They are using this as an excuse and I need to get that fixed because it is untrue they terminated me for not coming back from hometime which I needed to be home for my divorce.

I've been applying with other trucking companies and my recent employment show non-hirable due to an accident which is untrue. I did not return from home time and they kept on threatning me with abondanment but I was empty and on hometime. In the end they used an accident I was involved in which I was not ticketed for. As a matter a fact all we did was exchange insurance information and I reported it to my safety department. This was my first accident with the company. They are using this as an excuse and I need to get that fixed because it is untrue they terminated me for not coming back from hometime which I needed to be home for my divorce.

There's NOTHING you can do to change any employer's characterization of your employment.

To determine if in your state, Arkansas, there are remedies available to you; you can discuss your concerns with a couple licensed Arkansas attorneys.

As to your concern about being involved in accident, you admit that you were.
You believe because you weren't cited, that the company's recitation of that event is improper.

I could advise you further about that, but it would be better for you to hear it from an Arkansas licensed attorney.

Don't worry about the cost for such a consultation, as most attorneys will meet with prospective clients at no charge for 20-30 minutes of discussion surrounding a legal dilemma.

Good luck.

Not if I had a court date.

How far in advance did you know you had a court date?

Did you notify your employer in advance of the court date to try and get the time off for court?

Or did your employer have other issues with you and you just gave him a convenient reason to fire you?

How far in advance did you know you had a court date?

Did you notify your employer in advance of the court date to try and get the time off for court?

Or did your employer have other issues with you and you just gave him a convenient reason to fire you?

One month in advance and explained to them it was imperative I make the last few court dates to finalize my divorce. The didn't really care apparently because I missed my court date and rescheduled for the following week. The company told me to come back out until I had to go back to court. I refused because they couldn't get me back with 30 days notice how would they get me back in 5 days. They told me to return truck and I explained after I was done with my court date I would return. They didn't pay me last check so I didn't have money to come back from Georgia. I was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Lose custody of my daughter's or refuse Dispatch orders...

I don't disagree with your choice. You made it and got fired by the aholes who run the company. Nothing illegal happened. I've been in the same boat a couple of times. I sucked it up, foundd another job and got on with my life. You do the same.

Back