Realtor FRAUD cost me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicki_6164

I made a bid on a house, but found out 5 days later that the selling agent told the seller not to respond to my first offer saying the buyer (me) was just buying it for the buying agent to flip and the buying agent was a flake, that she has dealt with him alot. Neither I nor my realtor know her. I am buying the house for myself...I've worked with my realtor for 9 months. Another offer was submitted at the same time as mine for very little above my offer. The seller took his agents advice and countered to that buyer (another realtor, by the way) and just rejected my offer. We never knew that there was another offer. We found out after 2 days when the selling agent finally took my agents call and told my agent that another contract was accepted. I then put in a back up bid for full asking price. About a week later I felt something wasn't right and put a note in the sellers mailbox and mentioned that I hope he got full asking price and if he had any problems with the current buyer I was still interested. The seller called me and said he never got a back up bid and told me everything. He was furious, he had even asked his agent if we had come back with anything higher. he is out 15 grand and would like to dump his realtor and the buyer...we expect they are in cahoots. His main concern is to close in 40 days and receive full asking price. He told the selling agent to make him "whole" and give up her commision to do this or else. She instead retained an attorney and told a friend that she may lose her Real estate license. Can he dump the contract with the agent and current buyer? If I don't get this house, can she be liable to me for money I will now lose because I was doing a property exchange (1031? It is unlikely I will find another house I like in 10 days. I lose about 15 grand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back