Deportation, Re-entry Re-Entry in the US with a Shoplifting charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanya

Hi, I am on L1 Work Visa. My visa is valid until 2014. I was charged with a class B misdemeanor Shoplifting charge. The case is still running in the Harris County court. I am not yet convicted. I need to urgently travel to my home country for a few weeks. I wanted to know if i will face any issue at the port of entry i.e. immigration when entring the United States. Will I be denied entry into Unted States? Will it be a problem if i travel within the two court dates. My intension is to return back before my next court date. I would be carrying by court reset form to show to the immigration officer. Please advice.

Hi, I am on L1 Work Visa. My visa is valid until 2014. I was charged with a class B misdemeanor Shoplifting charge. The case is still running in the Harris County court. I am not yet convicted. I need to urgently travel to my home country for a few weeks. I wanted to know if i will face any issue at the port of entry i.e. immigration when entring the United States. Will I be denied entry into Unted States? Will it be a problem if i travel within the two court dates. My intension is to return back before my next court date. I would be carrying by court reset form to show to the immigration officer. Please advice.

You might want to check with your attorney representing you in your county court case. Normally defendants (YOU) are not allowed to leave the state while criminal matters are pending. Each county has different policies, as do courts within some counties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back