Consumer Law, Warranties R.E. Agent mislead by her company

Status
Not open for further replies.

trryfitz

I am a licensed real estate agent in Louisiana. I worked for a company the last four years that the corporate office was out of Florida. Certain assets were acquired by a new company out of North Carolina this past December. They made us sign new contracts and go through extensive training to learn there procedures. It has only been six weeks now and I was just informed 3 days ago that they have decided to pull out of Louisiana. I ask them since I was their top producer for the last 4 years and personally built up this territory, etc, if they were to pulling out of Louisiana , could they continue to give me referral leads that come in from their website. I told them I would either get my brokers license or sign on with another company before they close my territory at the end of March. We get many leads from their website and i have done over $12 million in sales for them. Their response to me was that would "not" be able to continue to give me leads because they have "existing partners" they were going to give them to. My response was, I thought I was an existing partner since I was the one selling for them and giving them 40% of my commission. What legal recourse do I have at this time.

Carry your contract to a real estate lawyer who also knows about employment law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back