QUICK CLAIM DEED

T

tracie fields

Jurisdiction
Oklahoma
My uncle received guardianship of my grandmother and had her sign papers while she was diagnosed with alzheimers. my sisiter and I were on quick claim deed. since my grandmothers death 2 weeks ago..he went and had our names taken off and put him as sole survivor...and we were not notified of this..he has now files sole survivor ...He was not on anything, he took upon himself to take everything...can he legally do this? What can my sister and I do?

My uncle received guardianship of my grandmother and had her sign papers while she was diagnosed with alzheimers. my sisiter and I were on quick claim deed. since my grandmothers death 2 weeks ago..he went and had our names taken off and put him as sole survivor...and we were not notified of this..he has now files sole survivor ...He was not on anything, he took upon himself to take everything...can he legally do this? What can my sister and I do?

If you believe he used undue influence or coerced your loved one to give him her stuff, you can report the matter to the local police, detective bureau.

Your other option might be to discuss your suspicions with the local district attorney.

If your state has an agency to protect senior citizens, contact them and see if they can help.

Last, but not least, a visit to two or three attorneys in your county might be appropriate.

I would start by talking to an attorney re your options. Good luck.

Back