Questions

Newports

Jurisdiction
Illinois
Hi my name is Dylan weaver me and my ex lost guardianship of our chil to the ex sister how do I go about getting my child back in my care I am working and have babysitter lined up and working on getting a place for us to live. What all do i have to do since they live in a different county than I live in

Hi my name is Dylan weaver me and my ex lost guardianship of our chil to the ex sister how do I go about getting my child back in my care I am working and have babysitter lined up and working on getting a place for us to live. What all do i have to do since they live in a different county than I live in

You start by contacting your state's child services agency and ask is it possible for you to pursue custody/guardianship of your child.

There's no way strangers can help because no one knows what you did, or were accused of doing, which caused you to lose custody of the child.

You start by contacting your state's child services agency and ask is it possible for you to pursue custody/guardianship of your child.

There's no way strangers can help because no one knows what you did, or were accused of doing, which caused you to lose custody of the child.
I didn't do anything is was my experience they kicked her out of where she was staying and she had no where to go donate left a note with them

I didn't do anything is was my experience they kicked her out of where she was staying and she had no where to go donate left a note with them

Doesn't matter, you need to start by talking to the state agency that took the child from you or your companion to see what is required for you to regain the child in your custody.

If the child was born out of wedlock, you'll need to go to court, petition for a paternity test, have your paternity proven, set up child support, then contact the agency that took the child from the mother to see how you could get custody.

Bottom line, if you and mother were never married, legally it is not your child, until you jump through the hoops noted above.

Back