Consumer Law, Warranties Questions on a lease

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwest75

I have a few questions on a lease for a building for my business. So everyone knows whats going on I started a precast concrete business and was in need for a building for producing my products. Well to keep it short I found a place signed the lease and moved my business in. Unfortanaly my business started to go under due to lack of money. I got 2 months behind on my lease payment. I spoke with the guy I leased from at the begining of november and explained my situation to him and assured him that if I was not able to catch up by the 1st of december That I would vacate the building so he may lease it to someone esle who was intersted in it and he was fine with that. Unfortanaly I was not able to catch up. So I went to remove all my equiptment from the building today to find that he already removed all my tools and equiptment and took them with him. Now there was nothin givin to me stating that this corse of action was goin to be takin or I would have takin action sooner to remove my stuff from the building. Now I am out everything I have ever built up. My question is this action he took legal can he by law remove and keep my equiptment without any notice to me. I already lost my business I have been building for the last few years I dont want to have to lose everything else I had into the business. Any help someone can give me would be great Thank you all in advance

Doug W

I have a few questions on a lease for a building for my business. So everyone knows whats going on I started a precast concrete business and was in need for a building for producing my products. Well to keep it short I found a place signed the lease and moved my business in. Unfortanaly my business started to go under due to lack of money. I got 2 months behind on my lease payment. I spoke with the guy I leased from at the begining of november and explained my situation to him and assured him that if I was not able to catch up by the 1st of december That I would vacate the building so he may lease it to someone esle who was intersted in it and he was fine with that. Unfortanaly I was not able to catch up. So I went to remove all my equiptment from the building today to find that he already removed all my tools and equiptment and took them with him. Now there was nothin givin to me stating that this corse of action was goin to be takin or I would have takin action sooner to remove my stuff from the building. Now I am out everything I have ever built up. My question is this action he took legal can he by law remove and keep my equiptment without any notice to me. I already lost my business I have been building for the last few years I dont want to have to lose everything else I had into the business. Any help someone can give me would be great Thank you all in advance
I want to answer but I don't have a copy of your lease agreement. Typically doing this with residential properly is illegal but I'm not sure what your commercial lease says and what he planned to do about them. Read your lease first and you should probably send some type of follow up letter, certified mail, to the lessor. This should include something about your rights - as you now understand them - with regard to your property and the potential for additional damages that may be owed to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back