Retaliatory Eviction questioned utility costs and double payments of rent and recieved eviction notice

wint3rfell16

Jurisdiction
Washington
After discovering several outrageous power bills and double rent payments, and having several complaints in to the manager about missing mail and packages, as well as this new discovery,I received an eviction notice for non-payment and manager locked me out of the onsite storage I pay for. I explained to the manager he had for well over two years overcharged me for electricity and rent, including triple payments some months for storage. I then received an eviction notice for non-payment. so I deposited the requested amount into the court registry and then appeared for the show cause hearing. I had all my receipts for 3 years and all the documents he had given me. the attorney for the other side protested at my defense which was overpayment and received a continuance so she could audit the manager. now i need to give a response and file before noon tomorrow. i need to know what forms and why a continuance when i brought to the court what they asked. but when i was proving my case she wanted to continue and a copy of all my receipts. this man is stealing from every renter and is getting away with it. i need to file the appropriate forms to fight this. i have all the proof of his fraud and extortion.

After discovering several outrageous power bills and double rent payments, and having several complaints in to the manager about missing mail and packages, as well as this new discovery,I received an eviction notice for non-payment and manager locked me out of the onsite storage I pay for. I explained to the manager he had for well over two years overcharged me for electricity and rent, including triple payments some months for storage. I then received an eviction notice for non-payment. so I deposited the requested amount into the court registry and then appeared for the show cause hearing. I had all my receipts for 3 years and all the documents he had given me. the attorney for the other side protested at my defense which was overpayment and received a continuance so she could audit the manager. now i need to give a response and file before noon tomorrow. i need to know what forms and why a continuance when i brought to the court what they asked. but when i was proving my case she wanted to continue and a copy of all my receipts. this man is stealing from every renter and is getting away with it. i need to file the appropriate forms to fight this. i have all the proof of his fraud and extortion.

Sorry, no one here can instruct on how best to defend your case.

I suggest you appear, ask for a three week continuance to allow you time to hire a lawyer.

In the interim, should you be allowed the delay you can hire a lawyer or try to get yourself up to speed.

Back