Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders question

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatesTyranny

I was also charged with being a prostitute. I cop called me and invited me to meet her at a bar. I never mentioned any money/charges to her but I did agree to have sex with her. Every time she tried to bring up money I just told her "don't worry about it". She never gave me any money and we never had sex. Her 2 goons grabbed me from behind and she arrested me for soliciting prostitution. This is an obvious case of entrapment. I cannot see how the People of the State are the Victim. The only victim that I can find is me. I like this idea of using the Common Law, because I am the only injured party. Our constitution says that we have the right to Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness [as long as we don't hurt anyone else]. If it makes me happy to make my living by being a prostitute and I cause no one any harm, isn't that my right under both constitutional and common law? Or would I be better off to beat the charges because the government created the "crime"? They have no non-government witnesses. Did a "crime" even take place?

Any defense strategies would be greatly appreciated.

That scenario is not entrapment. Entrapment occurs when police cause you to commit an offense you would not otherwise have committed.
In your case you sat at a bar and negotiated with a female which it seems you would likely have done anyway.
You do not actually have to exchange money, you need only reach an agreement. It seems your conversation was such that it was understood payment would be received at some point in exchange for sexual favors. The officer would have to testify to what was said.
You do not need to commit a sexual act to be busted for solicitation. It may not be a strong case but the officers apparantly felt they had enough evidence toward your intent.

mightymoose, how can you say that was not entrapment? Had she not called me on the phone 2x and asked me to meet with her at the bar or I never would have been there. She totally made this happen! I think any jury would call that entrapment. You are obviously a prosecutor, but I don't think the standard is "commit an offense you would not otherwise have committed." I think the standard is: if the cops didn't set up the deal the offense would not have happened. She called me with the sole purpose of arresting me.

I never told her to pay me. What ever 2 consenting adults do is legal.

I agree with the OP.

There is a difference between opportunity and enticement.

Here as always it becomes a question of whether the cops went beyond simply providing an opening for the intended target to solicit an illegal sexual encounter or actually effected such a solicitation. And in my humble opinion UC was a bit to overzealous in attempting to snare the OP.

In fact I think that all of these televised vice squad stings with improbably dressed female cops (usually bulging at every seam and would serve better wearing collars in the K9 squad) are a violation of Constitutional rights.

Having initiated the phone call does not make it entrapment. They provided you an opportunity which you apparently freely accepted. Since you didn't discuss anything on the phone anyway then the call is moot.
Once at the bar you met, discussed a sexual encounter, and made some kind of agreement. The strength of the evidence against you will have to be evaluated later.
It does sound like you were targeted though. Perhaps the police were providing this opportunity to you because they had information you had engaged in this activity in the past?

OP, you were not entrapped orzo,incited. You obviously advertised, because how did your number become known to the police?

Your mistake ws not in talking about sex, but in your response. You responded to the money question with an answer that didn't deny sex for money, there's your problem.

You might have said, LOUDLY, money for sex, are you kidding? If I took money or gifts, I'd be a prostitute. No way, not me, I'm a sex addict and do this for fun and relaxation inever charge and I never accept gifts, no way. I'm just a freak for sex, no charge, no way,never. Sex for free and fun for me and you!!!!

Army Judge, that is funny. Have you ever done that? Had I known she was a cop I may have, but that is a sure deal breaker otherwise. I did agree to have sex with her. She even asked me do her in the butt because her husband wouldn't. Then she would try to bring money up again and again I told her not to worry about money. I was starting to get suspicious about her, she just wasn't acting like a normal woman. But by then it was too late, her 2 partners nabbed me.

My attorney said that whatever evidence they have will derive from the bar conversation. Since I never agreed to charge her I don't think they have a case. If agreeing to have sex was illegal then they could throw away the key. If a gal wants give sex and money, sure I would take it. Who wouldn't!? But I never charged her. So because I didn't stand up and say, "I DO NOT WANT MONEY FOR SEX", that's construed as a fee?

I am not hiring an attorney. I cannot afford one at this time and in the past they have never produced any results for the money they were paid. But I do not intend to give the DA an easy conviction. The Nevada constitution Article 1 Sec. 3: "The right of trial by Jury shall be secured to all and remain inviolate forever;". This has not been amended, yet I hear that Nevada is denying a jury trial on all misdemeanors. How do they get away with this? I trust a jury of people or even citizens a lot more than I do a judge that will rubber stamp a "guilty" 99% of the time, or more.

Mightymoose, she called me because I have an ad on the internet. But that ad also says nothing about money or sex.

OP, you left yourself open by NOT refusing money or gifts.
Therein lies their potential gotcha.
The jury question may become a constitutional issue.
That, however, ain't gonna be decided in this nothing case.
If it were reversed, it would become a federal constitutional issue.
That takes ten or twelve years.
Las Vegas Metro PD has the PIT SQUAD and other vice related teams attacking the sex trade.
They monitor CraigsList.
Your problem lies in NOT refusing money, or in not meeting her, or just walking away.
If your "SPIDEY" senses were alerted, your male member and your need for quick cash should have been abated.

Keep in mind that it does not have to be money that is exchanged. Any promise to pay or to perform an act in exchange for sexual favors could result in prostitution charges.
It does seem that the case is entirely built on the conversation that took place.
Still, the entrapment defense will go nowhere. If you choose to proceed without an attorney you will likely not be happy with the result. At a minimum you should utilize the public defender.

Mightymoose, I have paid out $31,000 to attorneys and ended up with Zero results. It's like their loyalty is everywhere except to the client that paid them. So you don't think a reasonable jury would consider that entrapment? If I were on the jury I would. But then again our FBI will pick on retards and talk them into blowing something up with a fake bomb and then call them a terrorist. So I am sure that you are correct, the entrapment defense won't work because that is SOP for our government now. What would you do if it were you?

Army Judge, I have to agree with you. But it's too late to walk away. Now I need to fight the establishment and spend my time in places like this trying to figure out the best strategy to win. It is in the Justice Court and I am not sure if it is a court of record or not. According to NRS all courts in NV are courts of record but according the constitution only the District and Supreme courts are courts of record. I have heard that a court of no record has no jurisdiction unless all parties agree to give it jurisdiction. Of course I won't do that. Do you know anything about that?

Mightymoose, I have paid out $31,000 to attorneys and ended up with Zero results. It's like their loyalty is everywhere except to the client that paid them. So you don't think a reasonable jury would consider that entrapment? If I were on the jury I would. But then again our FBI will pick on retards and talk them into blowing something up with a fake bomb and then call them a terrorist. So I am sure that you are correct, the entrapment defense won't work because that is SOP for our government now. What would you do if it were you?

I'd find a GOOD lawyer.

They are out there.

They love to win.

I know I enjoy nothing better than getting a person off.

So, plead NOT guilty, make no admissions or speak about the case, appear at all court hearings, be polite, make sure you are always attired in business clothing at court hearings, and wait.

Time is your bets friend.

A good lawyer is your second best.

Your third best friend is a closed mouth.

Your fourth best friend is forcing the state to prove their case.

Your fifth best friend is staying out of trouble while in the criminal injustice spotlight.

Finally, yes, these are fascist times, so mind your "P's" and "Q's"!!!!

Thank you Army Judge. That all sounds good. The only thing I am still not sure about is the jurisdiction. By pleading "not guilty" I would be granting them jurisdiction and that would be a bad idea if the inferior jurisdiction court does not already have jurisdiction.

Six repetitive posts over something of such little moment as this strongly suggests that we are dealing with nothing but a vivid, voyeuristic imagination that is itching for attention.

Like a mosquito bite don't scratch at it and it will soon go away.

Thank you Army Judge. That all sounds good. The only thing I am still not sure about is the jurisdiction. By pleading "not guilty" I would be granting them jurisdiction and that would be a bad idea if the inferior jurisdiction court does not already have jurisdiction.

Jurisdiction or not, you fail to play along with their little game, they convict you anyway.

You fail to appear, they issue an FTA warrant for you.

Your question of jurisdiction at this level, will never be heard.

They got you.

You play the game, or they'll play it for you.

good luck.

Not only do I believe that a jury would not consider it entrapment, I believe it would not be presented as a valid defense and a jury would not even be considering it to begin with. You were given opportunity to commit a crime but apparently not enticed to do something you would not have normally done anyway.
I still think the police likely had some kind of information to work with and targeted you. This doesn't sound random.

It would not be smart to proceed without legal counsel. Get a new lawyer if you are not happy with your last. Just know that sometimes even the best representation can't keep you out of jail. It is best to not get in these situations to begin with, that it entirely up to you.

I will show up dressed like an attorney. I will try not to get bullied by the judge/magistrate/justice of the peace. It's only a misdemeanor but it's a case a cannot afford to lose. Thank you for the help.

I was hoping for help beating this, but all I'm getting is depressed. I may be alone, but I have always been under the belief that if no one has been deprived of Life, Liberty or Property - no crime has been committed. I know that no legal counsel will even bring that up, and in a statutory corporate court they would run right over it like a Sherman Tank through a Doll House anyhow.

I have hired 3 attorneys that were supposedly the best in Vegas, Steve Wolfson, Mark Bailus and Ted Williams and got nothing for my money. A friend hired Alan Harter for me and he was worse than a first year law student, I know more than him. He is the reason I had to 2 of the others. That is why I am afraid to hire another attorney when I can lose just fine on my own. I haven't met one lawyer yet that will stand up for a constitutional right. The lawyers, judges, cops and DAs act as though we don't have one.

It's always best to avoid these situations but life happens. One lawyer told me that he, "commits 2-4 felonies a day just in the line of his work, it's all about what they choose to prosecute". MN just prosecuted a man for selling raw milk and he has a million dollar bail. I avoid all the trouble I can, I'm very honest, I don't steal from anyone or hurt anyone. I even give the change back at the store when they give me too much. And I still get caught up in the court systems grinder.

I appreciate your advice and may just make use of the public defender. I sure don't have time to go to law school before my court date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back