Question regarding Bad Behavior While at Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brigitte

Jurisdiction
Nevada
Hi, I experienced harassment and ongoing abusive behavior at work from approx 2015 to 2019. I had mentioned the behavior on several occassions to the local HR Manager who was a friend and finally told my director about it in 2017 on or about a Wednesday and then he asked me to work from home that following Friday (approx 2 days later) whereupon I believe he discussed what I had reported to him in confidence to the very people that were involved in the mistreatment and bad behavior. The bad behavior then ramped up and became even worse. My company ended up sending two separate consultants to go over my desk processes in great detail having me provide them with screen shots of each step and detailed instructions. Then, they began to take my work away from me. I believe this was directly attributed to my reporting the harassment that I had experienced to my director (Reported around May 2017). I began being followed to and from work, I had someone gain access to my home and turn on the gas stove (with no flame) and put a power cord over a bare light bulb. I also reported this information to my director and to the local Human Resources manager at our Las Vegas site but no one ever tried to help me. In fact, my last week being physically present at work, I had someone talk about how he had been watching a show on TV and everyone hated this girl at work and wanted her dead so they put a "hit" out on her and the attempt failed so everyone was really bummed out. I also had someone come to me and ask me if I wanted to hear a song called, "Sew Your Mouth Shut". My last day being physically present at my work, I had the HR Manager on site tell me that I was the only one that could commence an investigation into all the threatening behavior even though I had told numerous people about what had been happening to me including her. The bad behavior continued until I went out on Stress Disability and then I was continuously called while on disability and asked to perform functions of my job. I was living in a state of fear and I ended up selling my home for a reduced price in order to leave the state and move in with my sister in California. While under duress, I sent my director an email quitting my job and then I wrote back 5 minutes later asking to rescind this and that i wanted my job. My director wrote back to tell me he would have to get back to me and a week later, unbeknownst to me, my brother in law called my director having seen what a nightmare I had been going through and what a shell of myself I had become. When he called and asked him about my position, my director stated that he would look into things to see if he could help. A week later, my brother in law followed up with the director and was told he would look into things. That day I received an email stating my resignation had been accepted. I am seeking legal recourse. Do you have any advice?

They have accepted your resignation, so that's all there is to it.

Have you had any kind of mental health treatment? If not, you might want to look into it.

How long ago did you resign? How long ago was the last day you were physically present at work?

Hi, I experienced harassment and ongoing abusive behavior at work from approx 2015 to 2019.

Oh my goodness, how awful.
People can be so cruel to other people, can't they?

I had mentioned the behavior on several occassions to the local HR Manager who was a friend and finally told my director about it in 2017 on or about a Wednesday and then he asked me to work from home that following Friday (approx 2 days later) whereupon I believe he discussed what I had reported to him in confidence to the very people that were involved in the mistreatment and bad behavior.

I hope your pal stood up for you and protected your back while you were out of the work facility.
The dude (your pal) is a powerful HR manager, so I'm sure nothing more has happened to you, mate.

My company ended up sending two separate consultants to go over my desk processes in great detail having me provide them with screen shots of each step and detailed instructions. Then, they began to take my work away from me.

Oh, oh, dum, dee, dumm dumm...

The other shoe is about to drop.

Your powerful pal BETRAYED you.

Judas' descendants live today, buddy.

Never trust anyone but yourself, people will betray people everyday.

I also reported this information to my director and to the local Human Resources manager at our Las Vegas site but no one ever tried to help me. In fact, my last week being physically present at work, I had someone talk about how he had been watching a show on TV and everyone hated this girl at work and wanted her dead so they put a "hit" out on her and the attempt failed so everyone was really bummed out. I also had someone come to me and ask me if I wanted to hear a song called, "Sew Your Mouth Shut".

Sigh, from here it will only get worse for you.

The lesson here is keep your mouth shut, because Big boss, medium boss, little boss, baby boss; never wants to hear no bad news!

That day I received an email stating my resignation had been accepted. I am seeking legal recourse. Do you have any advice?

The big boss, and all the other smaller bosses have it in for you.

They heard the bad news.

When bosses hear bad news they become ill tempered, and very often someone gets fired.

If I were you, seek new employment, because they no longer want you working in their employ.

Angry bosses will always hurt the little people.

They have accepted your resignation, so that's all there is to it.

Have you had any kind of mental health treatment? If not, you might want to look into it.
Yes, I received ongoing mental health treatment while the harassment was happening.

Then, they began to take my work away from me. I believe this was directly attributed to my reporting the harassment that I had experienced to my director (Reported around May 2017). I began being followed to and from work, I had someone gain access to my home and turn on the gas stove (with no flame) and put a power cord over a bare light bulb.

WOWSER.

I don't think the OP plans to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back