Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Question on Restricted Licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zvernal

Hey guys, im 19 and in California. I have a question for any who have ever had , or know abut a restricted license, something I currently have. During court yesterday, I was issued a one year restricted license as result of A Minor In Posession of Alcohol. At first the judge stated i was to only drive to school and work, but then i brought it to her attention that i live with my grandmother, and i am her only way of getting to the doctors, not to mention i do 100% of her grocery shopping. The Judge agreed to allow me to go to grocery stores and medical appointments. My question is what are my limits to doing grocery shopping. Am i limited to Grocery stores which are around my house? I ask cause i frequently go to Cosco wholesale which is roughly 8 miles from house, even though there is a safeway 8 or 9 blocks away. Also, what constitues a grocery store? 7-11? Target? (they do have sections dedicated to grocerys)

Also, my dad is a registerd california doctor, though he is quite old (68), and for a long time now (since i started driving when i was 17) i have visited him on sundays (i dont live with my dad) rather then he drive to my house. If pulled over, would a valid argument being i was going to my dad who is my doctor (he is in a sense though he is not a general doctor, but a Nural Surgeon. I will ussually go to him unless i am really sick).

If anyone can please give me an idea of what the restrictions are when it comes to these things, or maybe a link to the exact statute when it comes to this, or even who i could contact to find out the exact details. I dont want to get screwed because i understood the law to be different then it acctually was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back