Naturalization, Citizenship Question on Citizenship/Immigration...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PGregoryBrown

Hello, I have an inquiry. My best friend is Canadian, I am American, currently residing in Virginia, USA. My best friend wants to move down here in a few months. He says his mother is Canadian but his Father was born in America, then moved to Canada and got married. My friend was born and raised in Canada and is a Canadian citizen. Would his father being american give him any help in moving to America and being able to work? ANY information provided would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Yes, it could. I have something of the same situation with only a few details different. He should contact the nearest US Consulate and discuss the situation with them. If his situation is like mine, the US will consider him an ex-pat.

My mother is a US citizen; my father a Canadian citizen. My parents were married in the US; I was born in Canada. I entered the US while I was still a minor, under my mother's US citizenship. The US considered me a citizen from the word go. Canada considers me a citizen since I was born there; the US considers me a citizen since I was born to a US citizen.

Your friend might want to take a look at the following:

http://www.richw.org/dualcit/faq.html

Fake pay stubs can put you in jail. It's a no no… Maybe next time someone needs to record this dudes activity. Probably a sting operation by the RCMP. Laeeque Ahmed offered my husband fake pay stubs. He created them for him and now we are in trouble. Laeeque says he had no involvement and do not recall doing any such thing. The banks called us in because they found out. What should we do ? We do not know where to complain and lawyers cost a lot of money.

Fake pay stubs can put you in jail. It's a no no… Maybe next time someone needs to record this dudes activity. Probably a sting operation by the RCMP. Laeeque Ahmed offered my husband fake pay stubs. He created them for him and now we are in trouble. Laeeque says he had no involvement and do not recall doing any such thing. The banks called us in because they found out. What should we do ? We do not know where to complain and lawyers cost a lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back