Question on a civil docket

Qweenberyl

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
Hello,
A while ago, 2006, we had a problem with our mortgage company and they started the foreclosure process. I forget the details but it something along the line of I had made arrangements to pay the amount late and it wasn't documented correctly. We resolved the issue and kept our house (after an embarrassing visit from the sheriff with foreclosure papers) and we thought everything was alright. Now, we are trying to refinance and in looking up old records, the foreclosure is listed with the final note being "PRAECIPE TO VACATE ORDER TO SATISFY JUDGMENT FILED". My question is, does this mean that they filed to have the order vacated? I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the terminology and just want to make sure this won't come back to bite us.
Thanks so much!

Now, we are trying to refinance and in looking up old records, the foreclosure is listed with the final note being "PRAECIPE TO VACATE ORDER TO SATISFY JUDGMENT FILED". My question is, does this mean that they filed to have the order vacated?

Possibly.

But you will have to visit the courthouse and buy yourself copies of the papers to see what they say.

Never go by just the titles.

Hello,
A while ago, 2006, we had a problem with our mortgage company and they started the foreclosure process. I forget the details but it something along the line of I had made arrangements to pay the amount late and it wasn't documented correctly. We resolved the issue and kept our house (after an embarrassing visit from the sheriff with foreclosure papers) and we thought everything was alright. Now, we are trying to refinance and in looking up old records, the foreclosure is listed with the final note being "PRAECIPE TO VACATE ORDER TO SATISFY JUDGMENT FILED". My question is, does this mean that they filed to have the order vacated? I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the terminology and just want to make sure this won't come back to bite us.
Thanks so much!

Read this"
Rule 3021. Verdict. Order. Judgment. Entry in Judgment Index.

(a) The prothonotary shall immediately enter in the judgment index

(1) a verdict or order for a specific sum of money with the notation ''verdict'' or ''order.'' The entry shall state the amount of the verdict or order;
Official Notice

See also Rule 3027(a) governing the entry by the prothonotary of a writ of revival.

(2) an order for equitable relief, interlocutory or final; and

(3) a judgment, whether entered by the court, on order of court or on praecipe of a party. The entry shall state the amount of the judgment if for a sum certain.
Pennsylvania Code
You might want to trot on down to the courthouse and get copies of the case.

It appears a judgment was entered.

If you're working with a lender, this should already have been noted.

It could mean that the action was withdrawn, or should have been withdrawn, if what you say is what should have happened.

I've learned that once someone gets paid, they have very little interest in making sure you receive justice.

Back