Question from a minor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rej_

Hi im 16, I was just pulled over yesterday after just paying for a speeding ticket on tuesday, I received reckless driving. The police officer said he clocked me at 70 mph though wrote nothing down about the speed. He made me wait in my car for 30 min and made me sit out of my car and searched my car. I was sitting on the curb for about 10 minutes when another police officer arrived. I asked "Is there a problem or anything officer?" He replied "I'll tell you later" He failed to explain to me why he searched my car and made me get out in the cold. As i was sitting people were jaywalking and were also drunk in the street. Teasing cars as they drove by. I found this odd considering the officer just sat in his car while i sat on the curb. When i received the ticket he said he gave me break. He put Provisional License and Reckless driving. My life depends on my license. I work for a software company in san diego, california which i have to drive to once a week in order to pay for my car. My mother and father both lost their jobs and would be forced to take me to school discouraging them from looking for jobs. I also am taking 7 classes at the local communtiy college which are required in order for me to transfer to the college I wish to go to and dropping them would mean me staying a full year considering I can only apply for fall semesters. Due to the fact that judges are extremely tough on minors, it looks as if i will lose my license.. Is there any way around this? Would any judge feel sympathy for my situation? And allow me to drive? Do I need a lawyer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back