Criminal Trials, Hearings Question about unfair trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkxjedi603

A friend and I were accused of beating someone up. My friend had his trial on Friday and the alledged victim didn't show up after having a subpoena, so his case got dismissed. My trial was Tuesday of this week and the alledged victim showed up for my trial. Is this unfair cause to me it seems like it?

A friend and I were accused of beating someone up. My friend had his trial on Friday and the alledged victim didn't show up after having a subpoena, so his case got dismissed. My trial was Tuesday of this week and the alledged victim showed up for my trial. Is this unfair cause to me it seems like it?

Yes, it does seem unfair that the victim didn't show up for your friend's trial. However, I don't think that has any bearing on your trial.

This could work in your favor. You can raise in cross so as to alret the judge that this case shouldn't be taken seriously at all if the defendant couldn't even be bothered to show up to the trial involving the other defendant. As Jack McCoy might argue "goes to credibility, your honor."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back