Question about emancipation of a minor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbaker84

Here is my problem. I am currently engaged to a 17 year old woman who still lives at home with her parents. We have been dating for two years now, since we were both in high school. I currently live out of town, going to college. She had planned to move out here after graduation, and we are currently engaged to be married. Well her mother has recently made her life a living hell, including taking away her car to get her fired from her job, and not allowing her to stay after school to do schoolwork. She tells her that even though she is 17, she can make her do whatever she wants, however unreasonable it may be. She is verbally and mentally abusive, and constantly yells at curses at her. My fiance can graduate at the end of this year (end of junior year, one year early), and she has other places she can live. How would we go about getting her emancipated so her manipulative mother can't try and ruin her life anymore? By the way, I live in Utah if it makes any difference. I hope someone can help because it's really taking it's toll on her, and she needs to get out. Thanks in advance.

DB

Wow this is almost excatly my story also. my fiance also 17 lives in an abusive family by both parents, yesterday, all hell broke lose, they were going to beat her, and kicked me out of the house, so i called 911 and they got there fast enough thankfully. But on the other hand she had no marks, so they couldnt do nothing. Anyways please let me know if there is any possiable way around the emancipation law in utah for this kind of situation, she turns 18 in sept but what can happen to her between now and then? Also I am not alowed to see her or talk to her anymore, the parent asked the cops to tell me that, but i will not let that stop me. Please I beg of any one to help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back