Question about Articles of Incorporation Filed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman7559

I am starting a new company in California, and desire it to be an S-Corp. I have gone to the Secretary of State today and filed the Articles of Incorporation ( pasted below). Can anyone tell me if I did it correctly? In hindsight, I recognize I should have seeked counsel from this team before my submission. Is there anything wrong or anything I missed? Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION

I

The name of this corporation is: _______My COMPANY NAME_____________

II

The purpose of the corporation is to engage in any lawful act or activity for which a corporation may be organized under the General Corporation Law of California other than the banking business, the trust company business or the practice of a profession permitted to be incorporated by the California Corporations Code.

III

The name and address in the State of California of this corporation's initial agent for service of process is:
Name _________(my name)____________________________________
Address ___________(my home address)_________________________
City ___(my city)___________ State CALIFORNIA Zip ___(my zip)____

IV

This corporation is authorized to issue only one class of shares of stock; and the total number of shares which this corporation is authorized to issue is __1500__.

V

This corporation is a Close Corporation. All of the corporation's issued shares of
stock, of all classes, shall be held of record by not more than __35___ persons.

__________(my signature)______________

(Printed Name), Incorporator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back