Arraignment, Bail, Bonds, Pretrial PX PRE CONF.

KaRod

Jurisdiction
California
If I have waived time for preliminary hearing filed a motion to suppress & I'm still waiving time at least twice now requesting the D.A.'s discovery. How long do they have to do this and if they don't then what?
And how do I go about requesting a different court appointed attorney in my codefendant case @ my next hearing as I feal he isn't wanting to fight my case?

If I have waived time for preliminary hearing filed a motion to suppress & I'm still waiving time at least twice now requesting the D.A.'s discovery. How long do they have to do this and if they don't then what?
And how do I go about requesting a different court appointed attorney in my codefendant case @ my next hearing as I feal he isn't wanting to fight my case?

You can discuss your attorney's dismissal with him or her.
Your attorney shouldn't fight your decision, and normally you'll be told HOW to get a state funded attorney.

If I were you, I'd forget about discovery UNTIL you've retained an attorney you trust.

Once you get that out of the way, your new attorney will discuss obtaining discovery.

You can also read this:

Court-Appointed Counsel Program - DCA

The Superior Court of California, County of Riverside - Criminal - Court Appointed Counsel

How to Obtain a Court-Appointed Defense Lawyer - FindLaw

The Superior Court of California - County of Orange

FAQS-Getting A Lawyer

You can discuss your attorney's dismissal with him or her.
Your attorney shouldn't fight your decision, and normally you'll be told HOW to get a state funded attorney.

If I were you, I'd forget about discovery UNTIL you've retained an attorney you trust.

Once you get that out of the way, your new attorney will discuss obtaining discovery.

You can also read this:

Court-Appointed Counsel Program - DCA

The Superior Court of California, County of Riverside - Criminal - Court Appointed Counsel

How to Obtain a Court-Appointed Defense Lawyer - FindLaw

The Superior Court of California - County of Orange

FAQS-Getting A Lawyer
Thank you so much! Any & every bit of good advise & helpful need to know information is greatly appreciated as I am scared for my children's sake & of what I am facing here. So again Thank you!!
I believe I really need a law firm willing to take my case's as it's not just a criminal case I also have a family law matter that is involved with this & I believe I have grounds for a lawsuit against the law enforcement team that conducted the investigation, search, arrest & etc.
Is there any Yolo county California law firm that may be interested in such a case as mine?

Thank you so much! Any & every bit of good advise & helpful need to know information is greatly appreciated as I am scared for my children's sake & of what I am facing here. So again Thank you!!
I believe I really need a law firm willing to take my case's as it's not just a criminal case I also have a family law matter that is involved with this & I believe I have grounds for a lawsuit against the law enforcement team that conducted the investigation, search, arrest & etc.
Is there any Yolo county California law firm that may be interested in such a case as mine?

I suggest you take EVERYTHING one baby step at a time.

Most people in your position want to solve everything quickly.
The criminal justice system doesn't work that way.
If I were you I'd focus on the criminal issues first.
Once those are resolved you can investigate the civil matters.

As far as an attorney, it's always best to ask close friends or trusted family members and ask them.

Secondly you can meet with a few local lawyers and then decide.
Most lawyers will meet with you for free during the first consultation.
You have 15-30 minutes to ask questions and get a feel for how it would be having one work for you.

Back