Personal Bankruptcy purchased property while in bk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallas20

I am a private investor in realestate for my job and I work for myself. I filed personal BK in November of 2004 and it still is not discharged. The reason I believe is it is a complicated Bk with a former business and I also filed personally. While in BK, because I need to make a living, I have purchased a few properties on "owner carry" situations. I have fixed them up and now need to sell them. The problem I have is that I had the title company prepare the title report for the new borrower and it shows I'm in BK and therefore I cannot sell unless I get a "release" from the Trustee. I'm afraid to do this because I'm not sure of the laws about buying property while in BK and I don't want them to take the properties..........but I need to sell them. I purchased these properties four months after filing the BK thinking I would be discharged by now. My question is do they have any right to take these properties if I have my attorney file something to get them released? These properties are not included in the BK becuse I bought them after filing and used money to buy them with that I earned after the BK filing. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back