Purchase of 4Plex-Real Estate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipbeatty

A friend and I purchased a home as an investment. Although her credit was not good, I was able to get financing, so we bought it and she went on title and we are splitting everything. Later, I found a 4Plex at an auction and bought it cash. I had to pay cash because the bank would not finance the property. She did not have any cash or any way of coming up with half, so I bought it on my own and the title went in my name---she is not on the title. She is now arguing that we had a "verbal" agreement to purchase the 4 plex together, but she is not able to come up with her half at all. Is she entitled to half of the 4plex? We did not have a written agreement and she could not come up with half of the cash price. She did not go to the closing, only I attended the closing, so I'm the only one on the title. I have also paid for all repairs to the 4plex in order to rent it out. She tells me that her attorney will be contacting me because we had a verbal agreement. I thought that she would need something in writing since this involves real estate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back