Published photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichB

Greetings,
I captured a crash sequence on film at a drag race, I then sent pictures (with my contact info ,name,address,email&phone on the back of each photo) to the owners of the race team asking if they would like to use my photos on their web site, all I was looking for was the photo credit and some exposure on the web site. I got no response, and 6-7 months later I happened to be in a Bookstore and while looking at some drag racing books I found my pictures published in this book, what makes it a bit more insulting, is that the owner of the race car is taking credit for the pictures. I contacted the publisher and they said they would be willing to pay me double as to what the going rate for stock photography is worth
approx 300 dollars for 3 pictures. The book published 7,000 copies. Is the publisher at fault for not requiring a signed release for the photos? or the race car owner for misrepresenation.... , I am just starting to get info on attribution, and recompense as well as image piracy..... :confused:
your thoughts would be appreciated
thanking you all in advance...
RichB
ps... the car owner and sponsor are national figures
in drag racing, with one of the best funded operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back