H Visa Public intoxication/ H1B application

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejonesboy

I went to college in california for 4 years, whilst I was on my student visa, I was arrested for public intoxication and resisting arrest. These are two misdemeanors, but I completed the Youth offender program and the two misdemeanors were dismissed and I was convicted of a disturbing the peace infraction. I am currently waiting on approval for an H1B application, then I must go back to my home country and meet with the US consulate general for an immigration interview. How will this affect my H1b application, and even if it is approved, how will the US consulate general view it when I meet with him/her back in ym home country ??

These two offenses are not "usually" considered crimes involving moral turpitude, but it can vary from state to state. In California they should not be considered CMT's (reading from the California Penal Code), so you got lucky this time around. But make no mistake, you do have a conviction for immigration purposes.
To be sure though, you should consult with an attorney. California has some of the best immigration attorneys in the country.
This is not legal advice, for legal help consult with an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back