Other Criminal Charges & Offenses public indecency 3

D

dragon2020

Jurisdiction
Ohio
hello im gay and a friend told me about a place to meet guys and i ended hitting on a cop and he cited me for public indecency misdemeanor 3 on friday is my hearing what will happen if i plead gilty to the charge im not out so i cant afford my parents knowing about all this because of their extreme views whats the best course of action to resolve this im a first time offender the only time ive been in trouble has been traffic tickets

hello im gay and a friend told me about a place to meet guys and i ended hitting on a cop and he cited me for public indecency misdemeanor 3 on friday is my hearing what will happen if i plead gilty to the charge im not out so i cant afford my parents knowing about all this because of their extreme views whats the best course of action to resolve this im a first time offender the only time ive been in trouble has been traffic tickets

Pleading GUILTY is unwise.

Plead NOT guilty, don't discuss any aspect of this case, ask the judge if you qualify for a public defender.

If you're convicted of this particular offense, you MIGHT be required to register as a sexual offender.

That MIGHT NOT be the case in Ohio, but it MIGHT be the case in other states.

A criminal conviction on your record could also prohibit you from pursuing some jobs, and even some certifications and state licenses.

I also suggest you stop looking for LOVE or a HOOK UP in any public place, even on the internet.

That isn't to say don't use internet websites and apps to hook up, but be very careful.

People have been KILLED, RAPED, and/or MAIMED by engaging in indiscreet, anonymous HOOK UPS!

I am NOT judging, I am trying to alert you to certain DANGERS, Will Robinson, DANGEROUS LIAISONS, maybe LESIONS, too!!!

What part of this is alleged to be indecent? Unless you are leaving out major details it doesn't seem you broke any law.
If you are a minor it is unlikely this will be handled without your parents finding out.

Talk to a lawyer - most give free consultations.

Don't ever plead guilty.

You might want to consider coming out to your parents because otherwise they'll probably hear it from someone else after this.

You obviously did more than just flirt with this guy who ended up being a cop. What really happened?

Back