Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication providing alcohol to minors, what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucsbkid

Last thursday, my roomate and I were drinking in our room with three other guys, all of us are over 18 but under 21. Someone knocked on our door and my roomate answered the door with a beer in his hand. Unfortunately, it was the police. The cops came in and there were beer cans in plan sight in the trashcan and most of us were probably holding beers. They asked to look in the fridge, but my roomate said no. They had us all go outside and they took down all our information and gave both my roomate and I tickets for providing alcohol to minors. The ticket says 25658 (B) B&P, providing alcohol to minors. It also says "4 other MIP" under the comment section. We live in the dormitories at UCSB. I know we shouldn't have been drinking, but my roomate and I didn't provide alcohol to anyone else. We had our own beer we bought, and the three other kids brought their own beer, separate from us. we have court dates in two weeks. I've never gotten in trouble before except for a speeding ticket a couple years ago. Does it matter that we weren't actually giving other people alcohol? Are there any other offenses we could be charged with instead of or in addition to this one? What should we do? Please help. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back