provider neglect

Status
Not open for further replies.

concerned113009

I received care from a provider in 6/2008 at the time I was insured and the provider was participating with my insurance. At the time of service I had my insurance info but the provider failed to copy it. The result was they did not receive payment because they used info that was two years old and invalid. Their claim is that I provided incorrect and incomplete info. On the same day I had services rendered to me at the same facility by other physicians and all their claims were recieved by my health insurance provider and paid. The provider that used the wrong info sued me. A levy was placed on my account and thats how I became aware of the lawsuit. The provider was sending bills to the two old address and the summons was served to the old address as well. I called and gave the correct insurance info and they refused for six weeks to submit the info so the insurance would pay the claim. During that delay my accounts had fees and each bank charged 100 dollars for the levies. The insurance paid the claim but I was sent to collections by the provider and that appears on my credit and the banks also sent my to collections and that appears on my credit. Should I hire an attorney to represent me? Can I sue for all damages? Can I sue for harassment from the collection agency? Can I sue for bulling (ie after I gave them the insurance info they reported to me if the insurance paid them I would need to pay for anything above the reasonable and customary such as their lawyer fees) and then I received documents in the mail stating if I didnt come to an agreement to pay they would be allowed to come into my home and take my assets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back