Prosecutor badgering, attorney sleeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

d2much

My grandson was accused of theft, criminal damage. Upon the respondent couldn't answer questions. After a 3hr jury, with just the judge as the juror, my grandson was placed on the witness stand. The prosecutor continuously ask same question over and over again. he answered, His attorney s lodging on the table, finally my grandson turned to the judge and said "your honor she keeps answering the same question over and over again. The judge said " I know but your attorney isn't doing anything about it." The prosecutor was leaning back in her chair mumbling like she had been drinking and was just. There was proof that the 19 yr old and my grandson were not friends. There is another boy involved, his court continued, yet all witnesses and the 3rd boy was allowed to stay in court room during each trial. It was perfectly stated that my grandson was not on the quad when it got wrecked.How can he be accused of criminal damage. The 19 yr old was taking care of the $5000 quad. He claimed it stolen the next day after it was wrecked. The prosecutor allowed the 19 yr old to leave after he testified. There was evidence that the 2 families were feuding, before this. Where do I turn in the tape recording of the court and can I file a complaint to the state bar?

Sure, anyone can lodge a complaint with the state bar.
An investigation will be instituted, and the chips will fall where they land.
Go ahead, lodge your complaint.

If you have any questions about an Arizona attorney's conduct, call the State Bar of Arizona's Attorney/Consumer Assistance Program (A/CAP) at 602.340.7280. Outside of Maricopa County call 866.482.9227.

Before making that call, please read the following information. It provides general information about the lawyer discipline system in Arizona and the Attorney/Consumer Assistance Program (A/CAP). You can also learn more by clicking links on the right side of this page.

Here is the AZ bar's website:

http://www.azbar.org/LawyerConcerns

http://azcourts.gov/Default.aspx?alias=azcourts.gov/attorneydiscipline

Thank you very much army judge. I did some research and Prosecutorial Misconduct, describe the procedure. My grandson said i will just do the 6 month probation, I told him that's fine. But i am still reporting it, The whole court was held in bad faith. If someone doesn't put a stop then the system is no good. They say its a hard one to win, but it's not about winning, i believe in fair trials and honesty.

Thank you mightymoose, that is the term I needed. I also found Purpose of Prosecutorial Misconduct Website: To Create Opportunity for Victims of Prosecutorial Misconduct and Prosecutorial Abuse to Exchange Information, Strategies, Suggestions and Advice for Fighting Illegal Prosecutorial Tactics. They say its hard to win, I am not looking for a win but permitting them to get by, would be wrong. My grandson got 6 months probation, He said I will just do it. That's fine but I will still proceed. What's sad about the whole thing is the 1 who was with them, is afraid of his mother and was forced to testify against the other

After all my research, receive papers, the boy who accused the of stealing the quad admitted he lied in court to the owner. they did not steal the bike , he let them use it . He was with them. He is 19 the other 2 are 16. He left a $5,000.00 quad with them. He panicked said they stole it. I feel he should be charged for perjury, lying to an officer, he was responsible for it. They still want my grandson to pay for it and send him to jail. I did call the state bar on misrepresentation, Now grandma mad, I will be in court to request dismissal and to see that the boy is charged.

You need to understand that you really don't have any say-so in any of this. Certainly you may have reason to be upset, but you are not in a position to make these arguments. Your grandson's parents can do this, and so can his attorney, but not you.

That is the problem today and thats why our prisons and jails are so overcrowded. People don't know their rights and don't know how to go about finding out that they were done wrong. As long as people don't stand up against the system , they win. The system needs to be helped and if we citizens don't do nothing and let them know then, how can we expect them to learn from mistakes that they also make. They are humans too. I have the rights to speak and be heard

Yes you have the right to speak, but not in court on his behalf.
You could certainly help to hire better legal counsel to represent him.
At any rate, nobody will be interested in your argument over ineffective counsel. That argument will have to be made by him or his legal counsel.

I DID IT !! Yes at first they were giving me a hard time, but then when I pulled my proof and evidence up, they were upset. Prosecutor tried to have me removed from the court with charges. The judge wanted to hear what I had to say. I was very polite not to incriminate no one. Like i told them, we all make mistakes, no one is perfect, and if we don't let it be known the way we see it and where the mistakes lie, then we are no better than the people who has caused hardship upon the others. If the boy wouldn't of said the quad was stolen and lied on witness stand, then later admitted to lying we wouldn't of been wasting time money and the prosecutors as well, as defense could of been putting their time where needed. Like I said I not into suing or slandering no one, but like I always told my children and grandchildren, not to lie the consequenses are much greater than actually doing the wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back